How Can I Help?
The Locavore Challenge will begin again in July 2013. We've set our goal to double our participation from last year, and get 300 participants. We're excited to build on last years' success, get more people involved in the local food movement, and once again share the wonderful food our region has to offer.
We have a very small team of folks organizing the challenge this year, so we'd love to have more folks get involved. We need volunteers to get the word out about the challenge, recruit local restaurants to participate again this year, help with fundraising, sponsor the challenge, or help manage events.
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you'd like to get involved.
The opening event for the challenge this year will be June 30th, and we'll put out more information about that as it approaches.
You can get behind the West GA Locavore project in lots of ways:
- Volunteer: We need help with promotion, volunteers to organize events, help cooking, and lots more...!
- Print and Post a Flyer: click here to download and print a full page flyer.
- Get the Word Out: If you work at, or patronize, local restaurants, let them know you want local food on the menu.
- Contribute: Post videos, blogs, photos, recipes, and other info about your experience with local food.
- Host an Event: Have a potluck, video screening, discussion, or cooking class. Let us know about your event, and we'll put it on the events page.
- Donate Money: We're entirely volunteer-run, and we need funding for events, website hosting, promotion, printing, and to keep the wheels rolling!
To arrage contributions, contact: email@example.com, or use the PayPal button below:
We are honoring some of our supporters with ads/logos on our website and in printed material. We're looking for sponsors in the following categories:
- Seed: $50 -- Small logo on site or in printed flyers.
- Sprout: $100 -- Larger (or more) ads on site and in printed flyers.
- Sapling: $250 -- Ad on main pages of website, and in flyers, etc.
- Tree: $500 and up -- Larger ads, and recognition at kick-off or closing event.
if you don't need adds, feel free to help us out anyway.